I’m currently on vacation on the island of Maui. Each time I come to the Islands I hope to get a chance to shoot the Milky Way from atop Haleakala, weather and moon permitting. Well once again, it hasn’t worked out because I’m here during a full moon phase. I decided to make the best […]
For those of you are taking the leap and installing the Beta version of Lightroom 4, I’ve gathered a few resources from my favorite sites for you to peruse. Hopefully these will help you learn about the new features and functionality.
You can find more resources on the Adobe Lightroom blog here.
I’ll be posting a new series on Night Photography, look for it soon!
Here are some of the highlights that you can do with the new Lightroom 4 Beta. If anybody gives it a try, let me know what you think.
- Bring out detail in highlight and shadows.
- Create photo books using automatic layouts or select from a variety of page layouts for a custom design.
- Find, group, and display images by location.
- Easily organize, view, and edit video clips.
- Use new local editing tools for white balance, noise reduction, and moiré.
- Ensure more accurate color in your prints and online images with soft proofing.
You can get a free trial version of Lightroom 4 HERE.
If you still need to upgrade to the latest released version of Lightroom 3, you can find it HERE.
Get your camera and take some photos today!
If you’ve installed the new version of Adobe Lightroom or are trying out the 30 day trial, here are a list of resources that might come in handy.
- The Official Lightroom Blog and its resource list
- NAPP Learning Center for Lightroom 3
- Lightroom Queen Victoria Bampton blog
- The Lightroom Lab has a post about the launch and about buying LR 3, along with videos
- Stephen Shankland has an overview on CNET
- Videos put together by Kerry Garrison of CameraDojo and Jason Anderson of CanonBlogger.com
- Peachpit has a bunch bunch of tutorials
- Jeffrey Friedl, the Plugin King, has update on his plugins for Lightroom 3
- Julieanne Kost has announced 10 new Lightroom 3 tutorials
- Matt Kloskowski has given some tips, in addition to those on NAPP
1/17/2012 – See the following post about the new version of Lightroom. http://www.jmclarkphotoblog.com/2012/01/10/lightroom-4-beta/